Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cookies, cookies, cookies...


I spent the day making leaf-shaped sugar cookies for the YM/YW activity tonight. Trevor and the Teachers were in charge and they chose to do a service activity raking leaves, hence the leaf shapes. They asked me to make cookies 'cause I made them last year at Christmas time for them, and they were a hit. I have to say it takes quite a bit of time, but I really enjoy the decorating and (trying) to make them look good...not to mention eating them of course. They went off with a hit again tonight, but I am glad it's over. Now I just have to clean up the mess! Tomorrow.

This past year I have tried to do a little more cake/cookie decorating. I really enjoy it and love to see the finished 'art'. My favorite shows to watch are decorating tip shows and ones on the Food Network. Ace of Cakes and the pastry challenges are the best. So, here are a couple pics of my doings . Remember, I'm just an amateur :) The kids loved them though.


Macie's Princess crown cake

(Gunnar with cousins Sydney and Colten)


Gunnar's loader tractor cake



I will continue practicing and hopefully one day I'll get to where I want to be with this fun stuff!









4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Will you be up for hire for our next birthday!!! The cakes look fabulous, you're so talented. I've looked through Stephs blog for you but didn't find you until now. So, cool, I'll be checkin up on you guys.

The Metcalf's said...

So cute and creative! Love Macie's princess crown! You are so talented, Shelly!

HeatherKimber said...

You are awesome! They look so good!

Jen Jarrett said...

Wow! Shelly that takes some talent!! They look AMAZING!!!! Kinda makes me hungry lol. I am glad you told me about your blog! I am loving it and the kids look SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!