Yep, just that…spoke too soon. Today I woke up and the thought came to me to check my blood pressure and sure enough it was higher than it has been. You see, I’ve checked it off and on, infrequently just to be a little cautious, not anything scheduled or for any purpose other than curiosity---So to have this impression after waking, I believe was someone watching out for me. After getting kids off to school and settling for a bit, I got a hold of the nurse at the office and told her the situation and history etc., then frosted cookies for Trevor’s mutual activity while waiting for the office to get back to me as to what the next step was to be. I had to go in.
Gratefully, Stephanie was more than willing to watch Macie and Broxton so Trevor could go with me and Grandma Jean got Gunnar off the bus, then KC took him out to lunch and then he hung out at Grandma Jeans ‘till we got back.
What’s the verdict? 182/110 = Hypertension. So, this means medication to lower it and we go back on Tuesday and go from there. The Dr. said although high blood pressure is a symptom of pre-eclampsia, I don’t have it…no signs other than the mentioned. Thank goodness, but, it doesn’t mean we’re out of the clear. We just have to go day by day and pray the meds work for at least a couple months to give our little one a fighting chance.
Being only 24 weeks it’s very scary to have the thought of things going the way they did with the boys and it was a huge relief that pre-eclampsia was ruled out today, but that fear still lingers knowing that we are headed that way most likely---we just need to hang in there as long as we can. So, I am not asking to sound selfish, but for my own faith and humbling reasons---please think of us and our little one in your prayers. We are truly grateful for all that we have, we (I) especially need some extra strength for things to come…
Shelly
4 comments:
Your definately in my heart and prayers. That is a scary siuation, just continue to have faith and monitor yourself and go with your instincts. Please let me know if you need anything, even a baby sitter, we're not all too far away!
We will definitely think of you! I'm glad it turned out that you can keep it under control for now. All the more reason to sit with your feet up, right?? Keep your chin up. Good luck!
You will definitely be in our prayers. So glad you had the prompting to check your blood pressure in the first place. I really hope the meds work!
Shelly,
We are thinking of you and praying for you guys and your little girl. I hear that you are now in the hospital!!!!
We'll be in touch with Michelle and see if we can help with the other kids.
Keep going!!!
Post a Comment