Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July Fun & Bear Lake, Again

100_2369

 100_2368

 100_2370 

 100_2371

100_2372

 100_2374

     100_2379

 100_2380

100_2381

 100_2382

We celebrated the 4th on the 3rd at Honeyville Park---the kids had so much fun!  Then on the 5th we went to Brigham City fireworks. 

Trevor’s Grandparents have a condo timeshare and every year they go to Bear Lake and let family take turns when they can come.  Since Trevor has water and is in the middle of being busy on the farm, we thought that since we went and stayed a night already with his mom, that that would be it for Bear Lake this year.  For him yes, for me and the kids no.  Michelle decided to go this past Tuesday and Wednesday night and we tagged along.  We spent most of the time in the pools and played on the beach before coming home.  We spent Wednesday on a sail boat with friends of Michelle's and Broxton and Macie had a blast!  Gunnar spent the whole time in the cabin (me with him) with an earache, that went away when it was time to go swimming later that night :)

  100_2396

100_2397

 100_2398

 100_2399

 100_2402

Carp at the marina dock that followed you from your boat to this spot by the little cafe.

 100_2404

 100_2405

100_2406

They ate everything we would throw to them…including our toes as we stuck them in!

 100_2408

 100_2409

 100_2410

 100_2412

 100_2413

It was a fun little vacation!

Brinnlie update:

The Tuesday before last I had the opportunity to go to SLC after the kids swimming lessons to visit a good friend Tina and see her son Noah who we met at University way back when---he was born at 25 weeks, 2 months before Brinnlie, and has had a very similar road as Brinnlie…he’s such a cutie and is doing great.  They were at PCMC for an appointment for her oldest son and asked if we could have a ‘chance encounter’.  She visited for a bit and held Brinnlie and we got to talk.  It was fun to get together and catch up and to meet her oldest and her husband---they are a great family and we will always stay in touch!  Thanks Tina, it was fun and we will definitely do it again; and thanks again for the gift!

As for today, Brinnlie has steadily increased her bottle feeds and seems to be getting it more and more.  She just likes to be social and watch what everyone is doing instead of concentrating on eating…she’s slow, and it’s frustrating because it seems like the nurses just give up on her and don’t take time.  I wish everyday that I could just be there and do it, so, we are in the process of working things out so that I can be there more---because the times I’ve fed her, I haven’t had any problems getting her to take the whole bottle.  We’ll see what we can do.  She still has a bit of time even if she were to take all her feeds.  Her eyes are still not fully vascularized and she can’t come home until they are.  They are getting better and we received a report that the ophthalmologist gave her a great outlook for the future and thinks that they will heal very nicely, giving Brinnlie a prognosis of most likely having glasses as she gets older.  She’s still on very little oxygen, staying on room air most of the time with about .4 liter flow per hour---needing increases sometimes when eating.  They say she will most likely come home on a little bit.  Home, when?  I don’t know.

We’ll keep you posted.

*She also had her MRI and it showed she had “a normal infant brain”!  Amazing!*

2 comments:

Paul and Jill said...

Such good news. I'm glad your family was able to have a bit of vacation. Sounds like Brinnlie is just moving at her own progress but is getting there. Normal infant brain, what a blessing. The good news brings me to tears. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work!
Love,
Jill

S Jaszy77 said...

Looks like you all had lots' of fun! I wish I were there to watch your kids so you could go to the hospital. You could always meet me half way & I'll keep them for a week or so before I have to start work full time! :) Love you all!