Sunday, January 23, 2011

100th Day, Scene 2

Today was my Sunday to stay home with Brinnlie and all we did was sit, snuggling, giggling, talking and playing together...which led me to some crying. To look into her big, bright blue eyes and see that same tiny spirit that we met almost a year ago, melts my heart every time. This got me thinking and I realized that today is the 100th day of her being home!
It's crazy to think that the last 100th day that I posted about wasn't even the halfway point of her stay in the NICU, and that we still had 136 more days until we got to bring her home to complete our family. So as I reflect the last 100 having her home, I'm amazed. She fits perfectly into our family...she's definitely ours. She puts up with the chaos that engulfs her everyday and seems to enjoy it, rather than not. I'm amazed that it's been 100 days; as I've said before, it seems as though she's always been here, but it's crazy to think she's still spent more time in the NICU than she has with us. It's amazing the road that she's traveled and the milestones that she's accomplished from the first 100 days of life to the last 100 up to now. Looking back (http://shellyandtrevor.blogspot.com/2010/06/100th-day.html), I'm just...amazed. :)


Brinnlie hit the 13 pound mark and is over 2 feet long; her bones are doing great; she takes FULL feeds when she wants, how much she wants, by mouth, and not just formula...she LOVES food; she only needs to be on oxygen at night, and holds her sats through the day; she does need glasses, but she will be the cutest girl ever in them...they should be here tomorrow, so a picture will be coming. She's come a long way from then, but still has quite the road ahead. We're still working on consistently rolling over, sitting up, and holding her weight on her hands in crawling position.
She's getting stronger everyday, and we're so happy she's home! (Gunnar has said that his best Christmas present is having her home and that even if he hadn't got any presents, he'd still be happy 'cause his baby sister got to come home---too sweet.)


I always have something in mind that my friend Jill has said, and that is to remember the Lord in good times too. It's a simple concept, but for me, I've found difficult to always follow. It's easy to look for comfort in those times of need, and as things settle, it's easy to go into autopilot mode and overlook the blessings right in front of you. So in the month of resolution making, this is one thing that I'm striving to do everyday. For the simple, everyday, monotonous or not, things...I am grateful, and credit to One above.

2 comments:

Tina said...

What an amazing little girl! She has come so far! Can't wait to see more pictures of her in her glasses. :) Thank you for the reminder to be thankful in good times too! :)

Paul and Jill said...

Thanks for sharing. I've been a little extra grateful lately thinking back on our preemie experience and how it turned out. I wish you the best and hope you enjoy plenty more 100s!
-Jill