Here are some pics...


Of course, when in Reno, one has to press their luck (well, we did anyway). Trevor spent alot of time Thursday & Friday at the Blackjack tables, and Red liked the Roulette...Angie & I stuck to the slots for the most part, but Red got me into the Roulette game...which Friday (13th) I spent most of the time, and thinking Friday the 13th...Black 13 has to hit...it never did. So, come Saturday, I was down "a little" from the previous days and everyone else was about even or a tad down. Ang and I weren't going to gamble, so we sat and watched the guys at Blackjack for a while...booorrring!
So, I wandered off and found myself at the Wheel of Fortune $.25 slots...I put in five...won $150.00! I cashed out and showed my winnings to the group. I was on a high. A bit later , same scenario at the table...wandered off, this time found the $1.00 slots. $20.00 in, $300.00 out! I was on fire! I can totally see how people get addicted to gambling! By this time, I was telling myself that that was it, no more, how lucky can a girl get? So I stayed at Trevor's side and when he was done, he said he wanted to come see THE machine. We walked over, he handed me $20 more and said go for it...yep, $400.00 baby! It was ridiculous! So I had all the payout tickets in my pocket and no more cash, so I was DONE!
Trevor, on the other hand, found his way back to the table. After playing for another little bit, it was time to go to the game so he cashed out and had a $25 chip. (back story for a minute...while playing Blackjack Trevor kept getting 13 combinations and would lose most of the time, 13 kept coming up) So, here's Trevor with the chip and we were heading out of the casino, he turns and asks "Ok, Shelly one number, all in?" and of course the number I said, "black 13". Down the chip goes, awes and well wishes from the other players and dealer, spin the wheel, roll the ball........BLACK 13!!! It was awesome! It was like one of those scenes you usually see on TV when someone is winning big...jumping up & down, hooting & hollering, etc., to us we had won big, it paid 38:1 big! It was a great rush, we had fun, and we did stop there. Like I said before, it's really hard once you win to know your limit and convince yourself to stop. We were lucky this trip, and we don't condone gambling, but when you win, it feels great!
It was great to spend time with Red & Angie and to top it all off with the Aggies win, it was a fun trip and you can find us there this time next year, as it's a tradition now!
Disclaimer... If you're going to gamble, please know your limit and stop while you're ahead. :)
5 comments:
That is so fun!! Jon and I were just chatting about red and angie (wondering where they were, how they were, etc) I'm glad you guys had such a great time!! :)
Jon said to tell you to come down and spread your luck to those of us in vegas :)
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, You definately came out rich! Lucky, lucky! I'm glad you had fun!
What a fun trip! It is good to get out. Glad you all had fun and came home with a little cash!
What a fun trip! the only time I ever won was when I was under 21 and Bart had to hurry and claim my winnings. I'm really jealous!
Post a Comment