Sorry this is just to say, we are still here!
Not much to blog about...I have some pics from Easter that I should get up here, maybe tomorrow :) I'm just not into the blogging mode this past month.
Just to give you an example of how interesting my life is and days are, as Trevor and I sat down to lunch yesterday, my first topic to bring up...catching a mouse in a mouse trap. Exciting, huh?. This was no ordinary catching though as I explained to Trevor; it ran from under the fridge to behind the stove and didn't keep going because Broxton was standing on the other side. So, I hurried and set a trap on that side and when I returned after drying my hair, voila I got him! I thought I was pretty swift anyway.
I did mange to 'lose' Broxton the other day. This will show you all just how good of a mom I am: I was getting ready to get in the shower and had an 'inclination' to check on the kids...open door, no Broxton. The kids had left the sliding door open just enough for him to get his little fingers in and open. I ran outside, circled the house twice and he was nowhere! I yelled to Trevor who was thankfully just behind the house on the tractor and he and KC joined the search. We all went different ways, Trevor up to the farm, KC toward Grandma's house, and I down to the road...my thoughts and heart were racing, thinking the worst, someone picked him up; I could just imagine the little 18 month old at the side of the road in his onesie. Just as I came to the conclusion that I had to go call 911, KC yells "he's here!". He was on the swing set at Grandma Jean's house. I ran over, grabbed him and tears started falling, what relief! It had been the most horrible 10 minutes in my life! I am SO thankful it turned out the way it did! Lesson learned: Get up 15 minutes earlier before the kids to shower & make sure all doors & gates are closed and locked at all times!
So there you go, all you moms can say "at least I don't lose my kids" when you have those 'not so mom of the year moments'.
Hopefully next post will be more exciting...
...maybe I will catch 2 mice.
Happy days to all!
2 comments:
I totally understand "losing" a kid. I 'lost' Brooklyn over the summer although looking back, it was kind of silly to get so worked up... I'm glad he was safe. I wish I could force myself to actually get up before the kids....They're lucky if I get up WITH them.
Don't you hate when that happens. Zhoee's the one I always "lose" she goes somewhere wierd and falls asleep. Good thing you didn't get in the shower and went to find him!!!
Post a Comment