I am home. As most of you know, our little girl had to come early this past Sunday. At 24 weeks + 3 days, Brinnlie Jean made her entrance, kicking and fighting. We left her at her home in Salt Lake yesterday---she is doing amazingly well, just so little still. Not even a pound at birth, she hit this ‘milestone’ on Tuesday and they have began giving her 1 ml of milk over six hours yesterday---hoping this will help her get bigger. She is on minimal stimulation so she can concentrate on growing so every six hours they do her ‘cares’. She is on a high frequency ventilator (incubated) because they don’t have equipment small enough to fit in her nose, otherwise she would be on a different breathing machine. So, hopefully within a week her nose (nairs) will grow big enough so they can upgrade her. (who would’ve thought the Gardner’s would be wishing for a bigger nose!) She tries to take breaths over the machine, so they say she is ready, but the equipment isn’t. All the doctors are impressed with how stable she is considering how tiny she is. We all went into Sunday morning, preparing for the worst, but hoping and praying for the best, and so far, we have been blessed so much. It’s still day-by-day, but we’ll take it and continue relying on the Lord for comfort and peace through the times to come.
As for all of you, we gratefully accept your well-wishes and the prayers sent our way. We are truly blessed to have family and friends so willing to share in caring for our family and for being here for us in our times of need. It’s hard for me to relinquish responsibility and just be taken care of, but I am thankful for the comfort in knowing all was alright at home while we were away. I don’t know all the happenings or the who’s of what was the past week, but Thank you from our hearts, I pray I can pay it forward when the need arises.
Here at home, we are getting ‘back to normal’ and focusing on healing, so we can focus on our babe. We hope to get a schedule going so we can go visit Brinnlie, but for now we call when we want and talk to the nurses and get updates. It’s the hardest thing to leave them behind, but we know she’s safe and we trust the Lord and the best will be, no matter what.
Home is where you make it, love comes from all around.
We will keep you posted.
4 comments:
Shelly! I didn't know! i'm so glad your spirits are so high and that technology is so amazing! PLEASE call me if I can do ANYTHING. Even if it's just coming over to give company. Make a dinner. take kids...WHATEVER! We'll be praying for you for sure!
My dad called me sunday night and told me. You are in my thoughts and prayers. She is beautiful. Congratulations. I am glad things are going well and pray that she will continue to do well and improve. We will all continue to keep you in our thoughts!
Just wanted to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if we can do ANYTHING for you. We will stay in touch. Love ya!
I'll call during the week so see when the kids can come play. Call me sooner if you and Trevor find a day you can head to SLC. I'd love to take the kids so please call.
Post a Comment