So my computer caught a virus...I guess that's what I get for letting my two year old play basketball games online. Hence, no posting for a bit. I check e-mail and blogs and facebook when I get a minute at the hospital---I'm here now.
Good News: So you know surgery went well and Brinnlie has recovered nicely from her re-connect and is POOPING (from the right place)! As of now she is around 2 lbs 11 ozs and is tolerating her feeds so far. As long as she's doing this, they will continue to increase and fortify to keep her growing.
Not so good news: Brinnlie has been diagnosed with Osteopenia...extremely weak and fragile bones...and has fractures in both legs. They have increased her calcium and phosphorus supplementation and say she will grow out of it, but for now everyone has to be extremely careful when touching her. They are planning to do a full set of x-rays tomorrow of her entire being to check for any more breaks. Both legs are wrapped and as soon as I get my computer back I will get pics up to show you how far she has come...she looks more and more like 'a baby' each day instead of the little 'monkey' we've seen for the past twelve weeks!
Day By Day... :)
4 comments:
Im glad that she recovered well from surgery! I pray here little bones will become strong and grow. I heart little Brinnlie and keep her in my prays! PS it was good seeing you the other day! Us cousins should get together more often! :)
SO good to hear shelley!! Please know i can help with whatever, anytime!!!
I hope everything turns out ok! Glad the surgery went well! Thanks for keeping us updated!
I think of your beautiful family often! I am so glad to hear that little Brinnlie is doing well. Remember to take care of you too!
Post a Comment