After a long 1 1/2 hour postponement wait and 2 hours of surgery, we are looking good! Brinnlie did great in the operation and her doctors are pleased for how it all went. They gave her a great outlook and seem to think she will start to gain and grow better when she gets all healed and starts feeds again. We left last night to come home to get the kids off this morning on their routine and we plan on heading back tonight. Last night when we left, Brinnlie was still sedated and resting comfortably. She has a ventilator 'cause of surgery and will be weaned downed slowly over the next day or so as her body begins to wake up, and hopefully she will be good with her cannula and low oxygen settings still. They will give her IV fluid nutrition for the next week and then as bowel sounds begin again, they will slowly introduce her to milk/formula and watch to make sure everything works the way it should. We are very relieved that all went well and that she's doing good. It has been a very stressful, worry some last couple of days, and it's great to be able to take deep relaxing breaths and begin to prepare for the long road ahead. Hopefully, a not too long, not too bumpy one!
Brinnlie keeps amazing the ones that are around her, and they say that although she's a little bitty one, she's mighty in all that she does. We pray she continues to be mighty, but would appreciate some more size! Patience, I know.
Thank you all for your thoughts and continued prayers. We are very blessed to have you all to care so much, and I pray that you and your families will be blessed as much as we have.
1 comment:
Shelly,
I've been following your blog about your cute new baby. I found the link on Ashlee's blog that I found through another blog. I honestly didn't realize it was you until today. What drew me to check your blog was that it mentioned your baby born at 24 weeks. My first was born at 28 weeks. Every time I've read it, I am amazed at how strong you are and all that you've been through. Please know that that you've been in my thoughts and prayers (even before I knew it was you). It is such a long haul but worth it in the end. Your other kids are adorable. Hang in there.
Love,
Jill Hirschi Lindhardt
pjlindhardt@hotmail.com
Post a Comment