Thursday was not only Lagoon day, it was the date that Brinnlie was “due” to arrive. The day started off great. I called the NICU for an update ‘cause we hadn’t heard about the results from her eye exam yet and thought that no news was good news, but had to be sure. It had been postponed ‘till that day so her nurse said they would give us a call when it came in. That call came while the kids were riding the boat ride and all was well---no change=no surgery. Everything else looked great too. So, on with the day.
While getting on Puff the Dragon coaster, I felt my phone ring and then again as I was going around---no thought to it, it must have been Cameron to meet us, so I headed to the gate. As I was sitting waiting for the kids and Trevor to ride the sky ride, I had a minute so I checked my phone and sure enough, one missed call from Cameron, but also one with a message from the hospital. Kind of weird since I had just talked with the NP.
He was calling to give another update to tell us of Brinnlie’s “episode”. That afternoon she had decided to stop breathing and they had to “bag” her until she finally took a breath on her own. How long was this episode? 6 minutes! No warning signs, no apparent reason, just stopped. All tests came back negative, no infection, no lung issues, nothing---why she would do this?, it’s a mystery.
Since this episode, she’s been fine, in fact today (Saturday) they decreased her hourly flow of oxygen to .75 liters and she’s steadily been at 25%. They increased her feeds and she’s been doing better with the bottle at about 44% of her total feeds. So, to do what she did, is VERY scary, but we are VERY grateful that she was there at that time; for if she were home with us, she wouldn’t have made it through. We’re praying this was a solo event and that she has put it behind her.
Ready for some pics?!
Wednesday night, the wonderful nurses messaged these pics to me---her first real bath!
I am so happy I have these pictures---the nurses are really the greatest! It’s so hard to miss out on these “firsts” and to see this was wonderful!
Thursday night. They put an IV in just in case. Notice, clothes and no splints!
Tonight: 1750 grams (3 lbs. & 8 grams short of 14 oz.)
I can’t reiterate enough, THANK YOU, THANK YOU---for all the continued prayers. We have been blessed so much these past few months and have seen many miracles happen; we’re gettin’ there!
2 comments:
That is so scary! I'm so happy it worked out,and hopefully, as you said, it was a solo event! And I know this seems kind of lame, considering what you just posted, but seriously, you look so cute in that bottom pic! I love your hair! :)
Yea for good news! and thank goodness for wonderful nurses who care enough to take pictures of all that you miss out on when you can't be there all the time! Hang in there!
Love,
Jill
Post a Comment