I was waiting to post about Gunnar’s happenings until after this weekend because he’s turning 6 and thought I’d get it all done at one time. But, other things came up, so…
Gunnar is ‘hit and miss’ on the whole t-ball thing. He goes from wanting to do it to not wanting anything to do with it. So it’s a struggle with each practice and game to get him to participate. I don’t think he’s all that into the sports thing, which is ok, but we’d like for him to at least experience some before he’s totally done with them. Oh, well, at least we have some time to check them all out. He’s an awesome hitter though!
Speaking of awesome, Gunnar received two reading awards from school. He received the top award in his class for having the most minutes read throughout the school year and the other for being such an awesome reader in class. He’s come so far and we’re so proud of our reader!
He also is a kindergarten graduate! He and all the kindergartners put on a small program and then they all received their diplomas.
I have to give a shout out to his teacher Miss Jamie…Gunnar absolutely loves her! She and Mrs. H (classroom full-time aide) are such wonderful teachers and put so much time and effort into all they did with the kids…they are by far the best! Thanks Miss Jamie and Mrs. H for caring so much about our little bug and for watching out for him, as well as the rest of our family.
Gunnar and his friend Brance before the refreshments…
…after eating cookies and punch!
Gunnar also had the end of year assessment and did great…he ‘officially passed’ to move ahead to 1st grade!
He received the Helpful Student Award from Miss Jamie; He’s always looking for ways to earn a blue star and help out.
We love our bug so much and like I said before, we are so proud of him!
Yay for Gunnar!
For his fairytale project…
1 comment:
I definitely don't deserve the praise, but thanks just the same. I loved teaching Gunnar--he's a great kid with LOTS of potential. If you want to keep up on our family, feel free to email me at jamie_h_owen (at)yahoo(dot)com--our blog is private and I'll send you an invite. :)
Post a Comment