Thursday, February 19, 2009

Family Fun

Today Trevor and I took Gunnar and Macie to the Draper Temple open house. Every time we talk about the temple or see one, or even a picture of one at times, they say that they want to go to the temple. We explain to them that when they get married or get ready for a mission they can go and they usually come back with "yeah, bigger like Chet & Annaliese" ('cause they were the last that they remember to get married), or they say they will become a princess and a king when they go to the temple, or even that they are going to marry each other. So that just starts an even bigger conversation...anyway, we thought that they would like to go inside of the Temple to see what its like since they always get upset that they can't go in with us.

It was so awesome to see their faces when we went to each room and to hear the questions they had. Gunnar especially loved the Celestial Room and the "ginormous" chandelier. He wanted to sit for a minute and look at the room, so we sat down, all four on one of the couches and he just contemplated its grandeur. They both liked the Baptismal Font and the oxen that as Gunnar said "died" so they could hold it up :) For me, the best part was in the Sealing Room, explaining to Gunnar as we looked in the "Eternity Mirrors" that we were a family forever and that we will be with each other and the Savior after we die because of the promises we made in the Temple. I got all choked up, but managed to control myself...it was a wonderful experience.

It was fun to take them and I think they had a good time too. I definitely recommend going to anyone that can. It's a beautiful place and the Spirit is there, what a wonderful opportunity for youngsters and those who have not been through yet. Although the Spirit is felt, it's not the same as a dedicated and operating Temple...it's truly the House of the Lord and the greatest blessing anyone can have!

3 comments:

The Metcalf's said...

That's so neat that you took Gunnar and Macie to the temple! That would be awesome! There are two temples being built in AZ, but I don't know if we'll be here in order to go to the Open Houses...your experience inside the temple was precious! Love ya!

Ashlee said...

We have wanted to take our kids too! I bet it was wonderful.

S Jaszy77 said...

They look so grown up! :( I miss you guys!