Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hello From PCMC

Today is the day. Brinnlie's surgery is schedule for 1:30 this afternoon and Trevor and I are here waiting. We came last night and stayed with her, holding her for as long as she would allow. They called yesterday at about noon for consent and when we got here, they explained that they feel it's the next step to get her growing. Over the last couple days she has lost and now is down under 2 lbs. Everything else is still going well, just not growing the way she should. They said she should have been gaining about 3 oz's a week and she was just barely doing 1. It's a little scary and I'm very apprehensive for surgery, after the last experience you can imagine. I feel confident in the doctors and trust they know what's best and will do their best with her...Faith is the word and action for the day as well for the road ahead. I know the Lord is here by our side and can feel His comfort and am grateful for this. Thanks to all of you for your love and support.

2 comments:

Alisha LeBaron said...

I hope everything goes well! Keep us updated.

Ashlee said...

We are thinking and praying for Brinnlie! keep updating when you can.