Where have we been you ask?
No Where in particular, just busy with things…like being lazy. Let’s see, where to begin. How ‘bout some pics to tell:
We went and stayed overnight in Bear Lake with Grandma and uncles and aunts and cousins. The kids had fun swimming in the condo’s pool and digging in the sand volleyball court…we didn’t make it to the beach this time, but we did decide to go to Minnetonka Cave.
Trevor had never been there and the last and only time I had gone was when I was 12 for girls camp. I have a picture of me and all the girls in the same spot like this 1st picture (sorry, I’m not digging it out). I remembered from girls camp that there were lots of chipmunks that ate from your hand here, so I made sure I grabbed some cookies for them if that were still the case. It was, and Macie especially enjoyed feeding them, although these ones didn’t eat from your hands, just got really close…no picture though, they were too fast.
This is how Broxton began the journey…
Trying to see where the water was going.
Stalactites and stalagmites…Do you know the difference?
Stairway to heaven…
As you can see, Broxton got the best ride in the house…he stayed on Trevor’s shoulders all but the very last when he wanted to get on mine. The funniest thing was when he’d direct us which way by pulling on our ears and him telling Trevor when he got frustrated ‘cause Trevor wasn’t going as fast as he wanted, “Dad, you’re too heavy!” Then right at the entrance of the cave, there are about 20 small steps in and out, when we were going out, I put Broxton down to walk and with every step, he grunted as if they were the hardest thing in the world to do---funny boy. I wonder how he would’ve taken the other 868?
It was fun and they seemed to like it. Gunnar was very interested in the first aide kits they had along the way. They were set in every other ‘room’ and had the essentials to get by in case of an emergency until the ambulance could get there, and Gunnar was asking our guide if they had certain items and then would give a scenario “what if", and “Do you have?” It was funny, if you know Gunnar, he’s quite the safety kid and it was funny to hear him come up with the things and hear the guide’s responses…he was her buddy the entire hike out.
As you walk into the cave, you can smell a not so pleasant smell, and the kids were like, “Eeeww, gross.”, and “Why does it smell like poop?”---I said it was the bats, and was corrected by our guide and she said she’d explain later. Well, as we were coming out and got to that point, she pointed out the source---rat poop. It was everywhere. If you can imagine, the room was probably the size of half a basketball court, and the smell was very potent…yeah, everywhere. We didn’t see a rat though, she said they are white and hang out mainly in that room and sometimes they see them at the ticket station, but she doesn’t tell people about them until on the way out, ‘cause once she had said it at the beginning and had a lady run out screaming!
The kids are still asking when we can go the ‘beach’---maybe we’ll make it this year.
Last week Trevor went on a camp trip to Manti with the Priests and Teachers, so Monday was spent getting food for everyone and last minute things for him and Gunnar---yep, Gunnar wanted to go…he came home a day early though; he said there were too many bosses.
Sunday night we went to SLC so Trevor could see Brinnlie before he left and…
Back to camp---all went well and everyone made it there and back safely---no thanks to my map questing that took them an hour the wrong way (sorry Rey), and the camp site that was infested with mosquitoes! Gunnar came home looking like he had the chicken pox! It was fun for them and Gunnar especially loved the Manti Pageant and talked about the guy with the feather hat that didn’t have shoes on, and was apparently concerned that the temple was going to catch fire at one point! Needless to say though, I don’t think Trevor has to be worried about Gunnar wanting to go camping with him any time in the near future.
My few days at home with Macie and Broxton were fun. Macie had their last t-ball practice and game, and an award bbq. We didn’t stay long at the bbq ‘cause Macie had a stomach ache from eating so much junk at the movie earlier in the day. We went to Toy Story 3---you’ll have to ask Macie how it was, as I spent the majority of the time chasing Broxton in and out to the lobby. I think I’ll take Gunnar sometime to see it since he was upset when he found out he didn’t get to go. Thursday we planned to go to the splash pad with Steph and Sydney, but didn’t make it ‘cause we were waiting for Gunnar to get home all day---sorry Steph and Sydney. So when he FINALLY got home (KC :) j/k ), we went to Logan’s last baseball game in Willard…ah, memories…good ‘ol Willard baseball park. I remember going to watch little league and buying treats and winning the home-run derbies on the 4th of July---fun times! Afterwards, Michelle and I headed to SLC and Craig took the kids home and Logan watched them.
Can you say happy Grandma(s)!
(My mom went a few days ago and visited)
Friday- Trevor got home and we did nothing. (except get stuff cleaned and put away).
Saturday we played outside and then went to my parents trailer at Crystal Springs for dinner and had fun talking while the kids played in the sand.
As for Brinnlie…
She is well on her way to coming home!
She is just under 5 pounds (she probably is at 5, if not a little over---haven’t heard her stats tonight) and will most likely be OFF oxygen by the end of the week! If she accomplishes this goal, her ROP (eyes) will no longer be a major concern, so this is checked off the list. So, the ONLY thing left for her to do, is to take all her feeds from a bottle! And, she’s doing great with this, increasing her percentage everyday! The talk with the nurse last night was that of going over things that Trevor and I needed to do before she can come home; mainly just watching a couple videos and bringing her car seat in for her check. As I was sitting going over this stuff, I couldn't hold back the tears! It’s been so long and to be even talking about coming home, is wonderful--- but also nerve wracking! It’s set me into nesting mode---so much to do, I don’t even know where to begin! They haven’t given an exact date (and probably never will), but it’s close, as long as Brinnlie keeps it up!
I hope I didn’t just jinx us! :)
2 comments:
She will be to full feeds before you know it! It was so good to meet you guys. Ever since our admittance to PCMC we loved little Brinnlie. She and Mckinley it seemed like would cry on schedule and all. Thanks for the blog address. It was so touching to read the stories about your little girl. Your family is beautiful and she will be home sooner than later.
Love, The Merritts
2djmfamily.blogspot.com
Dustin, Destry, and McKinley---I would love to follow your progress; The blog address you left says it doesn't exist, so if you'd try again...thanks!
Post a Comment