Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Monday's Results

I received a call Monday mid-morning, which was pretty quick for an NP, but, they knew we were waiting to hear on Brinnlie's echo. Her gradient was lower so they turned the nitric off! They will repeat an echo in a week, so we are praying for good news then. In the previous echos, they showed that the right atrium in her heart was enlarged, which wasn't this time :), but that this time the sternum between the atrium's in the heart was flat. What does this mean? Her heart has been working harder than it has in the past. Is it something to be concerned about?, the NP reassured me that it comes along with having pulmonary hypertension, and with time as she grows out of it and her lungs heal, her heart should also. So, we'll see how the week goes and know more on Monday.
While visiting Sunday afternoon, Trevor and I spent some great time with her; which included playing, talking, smiling, snuggling and feeding her. At her 2:00 feeding she took 50 cc from me and then at 5:00 she took 30. GREAT! considering she had only been taking about 15 on average from the nurses the past few days, and not at every feeding time. While doing her cares at 5, she pulled her NG tube out. We had just been talking with her nurse about learning to place it so if by chance she was ready for home but eating was still an issue, we'd be prepared to do it...Brinnlie must have been listening, so she decided to go ahead and present the opportunity for us! So, I did it! It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be and she did really well with it too. Trevor still was a little squirmy watching :)
As for the rest of our family, Gunnar's thumb is healing well and he's doing awesome in school. Macie loves school once she gets there---the tough part is getting out of bed and waking up! Shes doing great too. Broxton has become so demanding and whiny since he doesn't have anyone to play with while they are in school. We're working on getting him out of diapers and he does a good job when it comes to number 1...the other, not interested. So, if you have suggestions. They've all spent a good deal of time with Logan and Grandma Gardner so Trevor and I can go to SLC, which we are truly thankful for. Cameron and Dailee came to visit Brinnlie Saturday evening and she loved it---She taunted Cameron with a couple smiles, then threw up on Grandma, it was funny. It was good that they could see her. The last time Cameron saw her in person was just after she was born and he was just amazed at how well she looked and interacted with them.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay, yay, yay! I hope Brinnlie continues to improve! Please tell Gunnar hello. I sure miss my little kiddos!

Jimi said...

YEAH BRINNLIE!! :) YOU GO GIRLY!!

Clay.Chayla & Lizzie said...

Gardner Fam! I'm so glad you found our blog!!! We love your little Brinnlie and think she is so very cute! I'm so glad to hear you guys are making progress with her feedings and getting practice with the NG tube!.. pretty sure Lizzie rips hers out almost every day! UGH I can't wait until we can get rid of that thing! Anyway, I think you guys are just the cutest family. Keep hangin in and you will be blessed (with lots of patients! haha) Good luck and keep in touch!